If you think your pet is having an emergency, please contact Dalton Animal Care South at 706-278-1113. During normal business hours, emergency services are available. Our practice has extensive in-house laboratory capabilities, often providing on the spot diagnostic results. Not having to wait on test results can be extremely important when a pet has a life-threatening illness.
We partner with emergency hospital, R.I.V.E.R, for after hour emergency care. Click here to learn more about our partner.
Signs Your Pet is Having an Emergency
Sometimes, you may be unsure if your pet is having an emergency. In this instance, call our clinic during practice hours. We can advise you on whether the concern can wait for an appointment or if your pet needs urgent care.
Signs your pet is having an emergency:
- Traumatic injuries – fractures, bites, burns, lacerations
- Automobile accidents
- Respiratory emergencies, choking, breathing problems
- Vomiting, diarrhea
- Difficulty urinating or defecating
- Shock or loss of consciousness
- Toxic reactions, poison ingestion
- Labor and pregnancy problems
- Blood in urine or feces
- Postoperative or post-anesthetic problems
- Pain management
- Inability or unwillingness to eat
- and more…
Please contact us right away at 706-278-1113 for more information. We take your pet’s care seriously and can advise you on the proper steps during a pet emergency.