If your pet has been struggling with new or chronic pain, it could be due to orthopedic problems in their joints. Whether due to age, breed or injury, these issues can impact your dog’s quality of life.
Canine rehabilitation can be an effective procedure to minimize their pain and restore mobility. Dr. Jessica Bianco, our certified Veterinary Canine Rehabilitation Therapist, can help you determine which therapies would be best for your dog.
At Dalton Animal Care South, we can provide canine rehabilitation services to help minimize pain and restore mobility for many conditions, including:
- Orthopedic disease:
- Hip Dysplasia
- Elbow Dysplasia
- Neurologic deficits:
- Intervertebral disc disease
- Vestibular disease
- Degenerative myelopathy
- Post-operative recovery from orthopedic procedures
- Cranial Cruciate Ligament repairs
- Patellar Luxation repair
- Femoral Head Ostectomy (FHO)
- Fracture repairs
What to Expect
- For older patients or patients with chronic issues, we focus on pain management, flexibility and daily activities. We usually meet once weekly with your pet and discuss home exercise programs in between. Therapy sessions will continue for as long as your pet is benefitting!
- For post-operative patients, our focus is strength, flexibility, and early return to function. We will begin rehab 1-2 weeks after surgery and continue at least once weekly for 6-8 weeks.
- We have a variety of therapeutic exercise equipment to assist with strength, agility and balance training. Our land treadmill and weighted vests help with gait retraining and strength post-operatively.
Canine Rehabilitation Pricing
- Individual Session: $50
- 5 session package: $200
- Strength & Conditioning session: $20
- Post-Operative: $250 includes initial consultation and 5 subsequent rehab sessions
- Custom Home Exercise Plan: $100
- Initial Evaluation and Consultation: $100
Please reach out to us at 706-278-1113 for up to date pricing estimates based on your pet’s specific needs!