Dalton Animal Care Introduces Canine Physical Rehabilitation Services
Open letter from Dr Jessica Rogers:
Dear Dalton Animal Care family,
After graduating from vet school, I continued studying to become certified in canine rehabilitation to better serve our patients. I completed my certification program this past summer. I am thrilled to now offer physical rehabilitation at our clinic! I love the personal relationship it builds with each patient and their families. Among other things, rehabilitation will allow our surgery patients to recover more efficiently, our older patients to stay active longer, and our overweight patients an avenue for weight loss. I have listed some details of this service below. If you have any additional questions, we would love to help you! Please feel free to contact us by phone, e-mail or in person.
Dr. Jessica Rogers
Conditions Benefitting from Rehabilitation:
- Orthopedic disease:
- Hip Dysplasia
- Elbow Dysplasia
- Neurologic deficits:
- Intervertebral disc disease
- Vestibular disease
- Degenerative myelopathy
- Post-operative recovery from orthopedic procedures
- Cranial Cruciate Ligament repairs
- Patellar Luxation repair
- Femoral Head Ostectomy (FHO)
- Fracture repairs
Wondering if rehab may help your furry family member? Just ask!
What to expect when your pet begins a rehab program:
- For older patients or patients with chronic issues, we focus on pain management, flexibility and daily activities. We usually meet once weekly with your pet and discuss home exercise programs in between. Therapy sessions will continue for as long as your pet is benefitting!
- For post-operative patients, our focus is strength, flexibility, and early return to function. We will begin rehab 1-2 weeks after surgery and continue at least once weekly for 6-8 weeks.
- We have a variety of therapeutic exercise equipment to assist with strength, agility and balance training. Our land treadmill and weighted vests help with gait retraining and strength post-operatively.
Individual Session: $50
5 session package: $200
Strength & Conditioning session: $20
Post-Operative: $250 includes initial consultation and 5 subsequent rehab sessions
Custom Home Exercise Plan: $100
Initial Evaluation and Consultation: $100
** Please check with us on for up to date pricing estimates based on your pet’s specific needs!